Monday, August 21, 2006

Today... was a good day!

I got to sleep in way late today, I didn't have to go to work, I got to watch 4 hours of 24 season 4, and I cleaned my room (finally, it was a major mess). Today was one of those days you don't appreciate, but I am going to try and appreciate this day. I am alive, doing well and in good spirits!

Now back from my rant on today, I am very excited for the near future! I have a meeting next week with some CCity people and I think it could be very good for me, my new manager is fairly impressed with my ability and my ideas, but he is most of all impressed with my innitiative. While others in the department help customers and then go back to doing nothing I get on people's asses, and I get things done in good time. I am one of the newest employees in my department, but everyone listens to my input and basically does what I point out (though I do it myself if I'm not busy with my own problems, the life of a tech is a hectic one) in a timely manner, almost as if they think I am management.

As for the meeting, my gamble paid off, I basically wrote an open letter to my management that stated I had some ideas that I wanted discussed. We have a lot of problems in our department and if we are going to ever become a top tech department, especially before our new branding, we need to adjust our behaviors to be successful. So I have a meeting with my manager sometime next week, and hopefully I don't f*ck things up, because this could get me in good graces with the brand new store director. At this point in time, I have no idea what life holds for me, so I am merely leaving every door as wide open as I can, and taking the initiative that will set me apart when it comes time for raises, and for picking new team members!

I think if I really wanted to, I could pursuse management in CCity, but that is not what I want in life, at least I don't think so, so I will just be using this to built repor with my management, so if I ever do need to fall back on something like this, I will already have a foot in the door. I really am excited for this new oppurtunity, I don't know if you can tell, but my grammar and writing style is all messed up because I am thinking so much about the possibilities. I have been having ideas running through my head again! I haven't had ideas like this since I was single before the Ex!

I feel so relieved to finally be able to think about things and think about my future in a format less than linear. I am able to see clearly what I want in the end, and I am piecing together the middle parts that I need to fall in place before I can enjoy my life the way I've always wanted. The launch of my newest business will be the first step of this new process, and I am hoping, I am praying, that it will take off in the way I am visualizing in my mind. This next launch is not a far fetched scheme, or even a radical idea, but I believe that it is something that hasn't been done, and if successful here, I will hope to spread our influence and model to other ambitious minds! I am sorry for being so vague on the idea, but I don't want anything set in stone before launch!

Well I feel it's time for a gin and tonic after a nice long good day, so I will bid you farewell, and stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: